Have you ever tried this chicken and dumplings crock pot recipe? If you have never tried this recipe, then it is time to know what it is actually. The truth is that trying this recipe is not difficult, but if you have never done this task before, then it may take some time. Some people think that the recipe takes a bit of work, but you must know that it is worth it.
Let’s take a good look at all the ingredients and instructions that you must follow if you want to apply the best chicken and dumplings crock pot recipe. You may realize that there is nothing better than having a big bowl of chicken and dumplings. In addition, there are some versions of chicken and dumplings available out there.
Chicken and Dumplings Crock Pot Recipe
- 4 Sprigs fresh thyme
- 2 c low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 Cans cream of chicken soup
- 1 c frozen peas
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- Kosher salt
If you have read and prepared all the ingredients that we have listed above, then it is time to get the job done. You may find it surprising that following the instructions is actually very easy. What we really like is that it doesn't take a lot of time.
- First things first, you have sprinkle chicken with 1/4 teaspoon pepper and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Now prepare a large skillet and you can heat oil over medium-high heat. Simply add chicken, and make sure that you cook and stir them. Wait for 6 - 8 minutes.
- The next step is to use the same skillet and cook other ingredients such as onion, celery, and carrots until tender. Don't forget that you must add other ingredients too such as tomato paste and garlic. Cook these ingredients for 1 minute. The next step is to transfer these ingredients to slow cooker.
- Your last step is to prepare the dumplings. There are some steps that you must do when it comes to preparing dumplings. Make sure that you whisk together baking powder, flour, pepper, and salt in a large bowl that you have prepared previously. It is important that you stir in butter and milk. It is also important that you discard bay leaves. Remember that you must cook them until vegetables are tender.
You may notice that the bottoms of the biscuits may feel a little doughy. But you don’t have to worry as they are still cooked. Last but not least, using fresh chicken breasts is also a good idea. Overall, this recipe is easy to apply. Some people may think that following the instructions can be quite difficult, but it is not exactly true. There are some people who make dumplings with biscuits. But if you want to save your time, then you can use this chicken and dumplings crock pot recipe with refrigerated biscuit dough.